The HCCS Class of 2017 and their High Schools
Specialized High Schools
- Stuyvesant High School
- Staten Island Technical High School
- Brooklyn Technical High School
- Brooklyn Latin School
- Laguardia High School of Music, Art and Performing Arts
NYC High Schools
- Abraham Lincoln High School
- Abraham Lincoln Veterinary Sciences
- Academy of Business & Community Development
- Academy for College Prep
- Academy for Health Careers
- Automotive, Business, Technology, Computer & Electronics High School
- Bard High School
- Bedford Academy
- Benjamin Banneker Academy – Pre-Medicine
- Benjamin Banneker Academy – Pre-Law
- Bishop Ford High School
- Bishop Kearney High School
- Brooklyn Prep High School
- Brooklyn High School for the Arts
- Brooklyn School for Global Studies
- City Polytechnic High School for Engineering, Architecture & Technology
- Susan McKinney School of the Arts
- Enterprise Business & Technology
- Expeditionary Learning School for Community Leaders
- FDNY High School for Fire and Life Safety
- FDR High School for Performing Arts
- Fontbonne Academy High School
- Fort Hamilton High School
- Fort Hamilton High School - Vocal Music
- Fort Hamilton High School - Honors Academy
- George Westinghouse Career & Technical High School
- Heroes of Tomorrow High School
- High School Fashion Industries
- High School for Language & Diplomacy
- High School for Medical Professions
- It Takes a Village High School
- John Dewey High School – Pre Medicine
- Law Academy High School for Public Service
- Leon M. Goldstein High School for the Sciences
- Manhattan Early College Advertising
- Marta Valle Secondary School
- Midwood High School - Humanities
- Midwood High School - Medical Science Institute
- Millennium Brooklyn High School
- Notre Dame High School
- Pace High School
- Professional Performing Arts High School
- Rachel Carson High School for Coastal Studies
- Reperatory Company High School for Theatre Arts
- Saint Saviour High School
- Science Skills Center High School for Science, Technology and the Creative Arts
- Edmund's Preparatory High School
- Telecommunications High School
- Tottenville High School in Staten Island
- Urban Assembly School for Design & Construction
- Urban Assembly School for Law and Justice
- Victory Collegiate High School
- William E. Grady Career & technical Education High School
- Xaverian High School – Honors Program
- Xavier High School – Ignatius Scholar Program
Author Carol Weston visits HCCSHellenic Classical Charter School
Parent Classroom visitsHellenic Classical Charter School
OXI Day Performance - grades 3-5Hellenic Classical Charter School
Middle school fall danceHellenic Classical Charter School
Pumpkin Patch/Character Hat DayHellenic Classical Charter School
Visit us on Facebook
Like us on Facebook!https://www.facebook.com/HellenicClassicalCharterSchool/?fref=ts
Dear HCCS Families,
It is with great pleasure and excitement that I welcome you and your children back for the 2017-2018 school year. If you are new to our school, I would like to welcome you to the greatest school in the world!
I am proud to announce that for the third year in a row The New York State Education Department has identified our school as a “Reward School”. A Reward School is a school that has made the most progress and/or a school that has the highest achievement in the state without significant gaps in student achievement between subgroups. Congratulations to our entire amazing HCCS family for achieving this recognition!
Our goal is to bring our students to the level of college and career ready. I encourage all our families to log on to the web site engageny.org. On this web site you will find a parent and family section that not only informs you of the new initiatives but also includes educational activities you can do with your children that are related to the Common Core Standards. You will also find guides to the standards, as well as videos and information on how to interpret the standards and the recent state test results and score reports.
We are planning a year filled with engaging standards-based work in our beautiful new school building. Many new initiatives will be announced in later weeks such as our recent notification that we are once again accepted into The Carnegie Hall Musical Explorers, The NYC Ballet Nutcracker Program, the middle school STEM initiative entitled, Urban Advantage, and many more. Our school calendar, including upcoming events and celebrations will posted on our school web site and emailed to you.
Please do not hesitate to call us should you ever have any questions. Together we will provide an extraordinary learning environment and education for our children.
HCCS PTA News
Like us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1415030405395382/
PTA Meetings 2017-2018
- Thursday, November 16th 8:30am
- Thursday, December 14th 5:30pm
- Thursday, January 11th 8:30am
- Thursday, February 1st 5:30pm
- Thursday, March 15th 8:30am
- Thursday, April 19th 5:30pm
- Thursday, May 10th 8:30am
- Thursday, June 6th 5:30pm
HCCS deemed Reward School for third consecutive year!
HCCS deemed Reward School for third consecutive year!
Reward Schools are either schools that have high achievement or schools that have made the most progress in the state and do not have significant gaps in student achievement between subgroups.student progress as deemed by the NYS Education Department.
HCCS congratulates Faye Michalakos - recipient of the NYC DOE Big Apple Award Teacher.
Faye Michalakos, a veteran teacher at HCCS, was awarded the NYC DOE Big Apple Award Teacher by NYC Chancellor Carmen Farina.
The Big Apple Awards is a citywide recognition program that celebrates the educators of New York City who inspire students, model great teaching, and enrich their school communities. By honoring the success of these teachers, the NYC Department of Education recognizes the countless teachers who go above and beyond to serve our students and families.
Congratulations to Faye and our entire staff of amazing teachers.
HCCS featured in the book "The Best Elementary Schools in New York City".
HCCS is featured in the book New York City's Best Public Elementary Schools: A Parent's Guide 4th Edition.
"HCCS is a winning, spirited school where kids are motivated to participate wholeheartedly. Children study the world through the rich lens of Greek language and culture..."
HCCS - Notice of School Board Meeting
Monday, October 23, 2017 at 9:30am
Location 1: HCCS, 646 5th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11215
Location 2: (Via Skype): Davidoff, Hutcher & Citron, LLP, 605 3rd Avenue, New York, NY 10158
Location 3: (Via Skype): Queens College, Jefferson Hall, 65-30 Kissena Blvd., Flushing, NY 11364
Please note that individuals who wish to have speaking time, or to place an item on the agenda, must submit their request in writing no later than forty-eight (48) hours prior to the meeting, or Thursday, October 19 at 9:30am. Requests should be submitted to the school office.
Materials that will be reviewed by the School Board and subject to vote and/or adoption are available before the meeting in the school office.
HCCS Open Houses
We are pleased to announce HCCS Open Houses:
- Thursday, December 7th
- Thursday, February 1st
- Thursday, March 1st
- 5:30pm – Pre-Kindergarten
- 6:30pm – Kindergarten – 8th Grades
Applications for the upcoming 2018-2019 school year will be available