The HCCS Class of 2016 and their High Schools
Specialized High Schools
- Stuyvesant High School
- Staten Island Technical High School
- Brooklyn Technical High School
- Brooklyn Latin School
- Laguardia High School of Music, Art and Performing Arts
NYC High Schools
- Abraham Lincoln High School
- Abraham Lincoln Veterinary Sciences
- Academy of Business & Community Development
- Academy for College Prep
- Academy for Health Careers
- Automotive, Business, Technology, Computer & Electronics High School
- Bard High School
- Bedford Academy
- Benjamin Banneker Academy – Pre-Medicine
- Benjamin Banneker Academy – Pre-Law
- Bishop Ford High School
- Bishop Kearney High School
- Brooklyn Prep High School
- Brooklyn High School for the Arts
- Brooklyn School for Global Studies
- City Polytechnic High School for Engineering, Architecture & Technology
- Susan McKinney School of the Arts
- Enterprise Business & Technology
- Expeditionary Learning School for Community Leaders
- FDNY High School for Fire and Life Safety
- FDR High School for Performing Arts
- Fontbonne Academy High School
- Fort Hamilton High School
- Fort Hamilton High School - Vocal Music
- Fort Hamilton High School - Honors Academy
- George Westinghouse Career & Technical High School
- Heroes of Tomorrow High School
- High School Fashion Industries
- High School for Language & Diplomacy
- High School for Medical Professions
- It Takes a Village High School
- John Dewey High School – Pre Medicine
- Law Academy High School for Public Service
- Leon M. Goldstein High School for the Sciences
- Manhattan Early College Advertising
- Marta Valle Secondary School
- Midwood High School - Humanities
- Midwood High School - Medical Science Institute
- Millennium Brooklyn High School
- Notre Dame High School
- Pace High School
- Professional Performing Arts High School
- Rachel Carson High School for Coastal Studies
- Reperatory Company High School for Theatre Arts
- Saint Saviour High School
- Science Skills Center High School for Science, Technology and the Creative Arts
- Edmund's Preparatory High School
- Telecommunications High School
- Tottenville High School in Staten Island
- Urban Assembly School for Design & Construction
- Urban Assembly School for Law and Justice
- Victory Collegiate High School
- William E. Grady Career & technical Education High School
- Xaverian High School – Honors Program
- Xavier High School – Ignatius Scholar Program
Kindergarten Orientation - 9:30am
Pre-Kindergarten Orientation - 12pm
6th Grade Orientation - 2pmHellenic Classical Charter School
First Day of School
First day of school for all studentsHellenic Classical Charter School
PTA MeetingHellenic Classical Charter School
HCCS closed in honor of Rosh HashanahHellenic Classical Charter School
HCCS closed in honor of Columbus DayHellenic Classical Charter School
Visit us on Facebook
Like us on Facebook!https://www.facebook.com/HellenicClassicalCharterSchool/?fref=ts
Dear HCCS Families,
It is with great pleasure and excitement that I welcome you and your children back for the 2017-2018 school year. If you are new to our school, I would like to welcome you to the greatest school in the world!
I am proud to announce that for the third year in a row The New York State Education Department has identified our school as a “Reward School”. A Reward School is a school that has made the most progress and/or a school that has the highest achievement in the state without significant gaps in student achievement between subgroups. Congratulations to our entire amazing HCCS family for achieving this recognition!
Our goal is to bring our students to the level of college and career ready. I encourage all our families to log on to the web site engageny.org. On this web site you will find a parent and family section that not only informs you of the new initiatives but also includes educational activities you can do with your children that are related to the Common Core Standards. You will also find guides to the standards, as well as videos and information on how to interpret the standards and the recent state test results and score reports.
We are planning a year filled with engaging standards-based work in our beautiful new school building. Many new initiatives will be announced in later weeks such as our recent notification that we are once again accepted into The Carnegie Hall Musical Explorers, The NYC Ballet Nutcracker Program, the middle school STEM initiative entitled, Urban Advantage, and many more. Our school calendar, including upcoming events and celebrations will posted on our school web site and emailed to you.
Please do not hesitate to call us should you ever have any questions. Together we will provide an extraordinary learning environment and education for our children.
HCCS PTA News
Like us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1415030405395382/
PTA Meetings 2017-2018
- Wednesday, September 13th at 8:30am
September 2017 Special Dates
Kindergarten Orientation, September 6th at 9:30am
Pre-Kindergarten Orientation, September 6th at 12:00pm
6th Grade Orientation, September 6th at 2:00pm
First Day of School:
Thursday, September 7th
HCCS deemed Reward School for third consecutive year!
HCCS deemed Reward School for third consecutive year!
Reward Schools are either schools that have high achievement or schools that have made the most progress in the state and do not have significant gaps in student achievement between subgroups.student progress as deemed by the NYS Education Department.
HCCS congratulates Faye Michalakos - recipient of the NYC DOE Big Apple Award Teacher.
Faye Michalakos, a veteran teacher at HCCS, was awarded the NYC DOE Big Apple Award Teacher by NYC Chancellor Carmen Farina.
The Big Apple Awards is a citywide recognition program that celebrates the educators of New York City who inspire students, model great teaching, and enrich their school communities. By honoring the success of these teachers, the NYC Department of Education recognizes the countless teachers who go above and beyond to serve our students and families.
Congratulations to Faye and our entire staff of amazing teachers.
HCCS featured in the book "The Best Elementary Schools in New York City".
HCCS is featured in the book New York City's Best Public Elementary Schools: A Parent's Guide 4th Edition.
"HCCS is a winning, spirited school where kids are motivated to participate wholeheartedly. Children study the world through the rich lens of Greek language and culture..."
HCCS held its lottery for the upcoming 2017-2018 school year on Tuesday, April 4th. Please contact the main office and ask for Joyce Liappas for more information.