HCCS is closed in honor of Veteran's Day on
Tuesday, November 11th, 2014.
HCCS is closed for Thanksgiving recess on Thursday and Friday, November 27th and 28th, 2014. Students report to school on Monday, December 1st, 2014.
HCCS is excited to announce that we have been awarded the middle school after school grant from The Sports and Arts Foundation: Sports and Arts. This new program will begin September 2014.
HCCS is pleased to announce this September, the Hellenic Classical Charter School will host its first Universal Pre-Kindergarten (UPK) class of eighteen students.
HCCS Open House Dates
Thursday, December 4, 2014 at 6:00pm
Thursday, February 5, 2015 at 6:00pm
Saturday, March 7, 2015 at 10:00am
Applications for the 2015-2016 school year will be available beginning December 4, 2014 in the main office and online.
The lottery date will be in April 2015. Date TBA
HCCS welcomed Dr. Ioannis Kazazis, Mrs. Stella Kokolis and Mr. George Melikokis. The guests toured the school and visited several classrooms. Dr. Kazazis presented Mrs. Tettonis and Mrs. Joy with Certificates of Recognition for their work in education, particularly with the
Ellinomatheia (Greek Proficiency) Exam.
For pictures of this event, please visit our photo gallery.
HCCS proudly announces "Handles" Franklin of the Harlem Globetrotters visited HCCS and speak to children in grades K-5 about anti-bullying strategies and techniques. He spoke about the ABSc of bullying: A - Action, B - Bravery and C - Compassion.
For more pictures, please visit the photo gallery.
FOX 5's Nick Gregory visited HCCS to help kick-off the 3rd grade weather segment.
For more pictures, please visit our photo gallery.
We are currently accepting applications for the upcoming 2014-2015 school year. If you would like an application, please click on the link below. An application can also be mailed or faxed to you by contacting the school office at 718.499.0957.
If you have any questions, please contact the main office at 718.499.0957.
Welcome to the HCCS 2014-2015 school year!
Please read the welcome letter from Mrs. Tettonis.
Our 8th Grade Graduates and their High Schools
Specialized High Schools
- Stuyvesant High School
- Staten Island Technical High School
- Brooklyn Technical High School
- Laguardia High School
NYC High Schools
- Archbishop Molloy High School
- Academy for Health Careers
- Benjamin Banneker Academy – Medical Program
- Bishop Ford High School
- Bishop Kearney High School
- Bishop Loughlin High School
- Brooklyn College Academy
- Brooklyn School for Global Studies
- Brooklyn Preparatory High School
- Brooklyn High School for the Arts
- Catherine McAuley High School
- City Polytechnic High School for Engineering, Architecture & Technology
- Dr. Susan McKinney School of the Arts
- Fontbonne Academy High School
- Fort Hamilton High School Honors Program
- Fort Hamilton High School
- High School of Sports Management
- High School of Telecommunication Arts & Technology
- Leon M. Goldstein High School for the Sciences
- Midwood High School - Humanities
- Midwood High School - Medical Science Institute
- Notre Dame High School
- Pace High School
- Professional Perfoming Arts High School
- Reperatory Company High School for Theatre Arts
- Saint Saviour High School
- Science Skills Center High School for Science, Technology and the Createive Arts
- St. Edmunds Preparatory High School
- Victory Collegiate High School
- Xaverian High School – Honors Program
- Xaverian High School
- Xavier High School – Ignatius Scholar Program
- Xavier High School
Congratulations to our students and their families!
HCCS is a uniform school.
All students must adhere to our uniform policy.
To view our uniform policy,
please visit the parent section on the home page.
If you have any questions,
please contact the main office.
Please click here to self register for an account on our site so you can view private classroom information and sign up to receive email alerts.
Click here for an Introductory eChalk Guide for Students to help your child activate their new account.
Attached are instructions for how to find your child in the system and schedule email alerts.