The HCCS Class of 2016 and their High Schools
Specialized High Schools
- Stuyvesant High School
- Staten Island Technical High School
- Brooklyn Technical High School
- Brooklyn Latin School
- Laguardia High School of Music, Art and Performing Arts
NYC High Schools
- Abraham Lincoln High School
- Abraham Lincoln Veterinary Sciences
- Academy of Business & Community Development
- Academy for College Prep
- Academy for Health Careers
- Automotive, Business, Technology, Computer & Electronics High School
- Bard High School
- Bedford Academy
- Benjamin Banneker Academy – Pre-Medicine
- Benjamin Banneker Academy – Pre-Law
- Bishop Ford High School
- Bishop Kearney High School
- Brooklyn Prep High School
- Brooklyn High School for the Arts
- Brooklyn School for Global Studies
- City Polytechnic High School for Engineering, Architecture & Technology
- Susan McKinney School of the Arts
- Enterprise Business & Technology
- Expeditionary Learning School for Community Leaders
- FDNY High School for Fire and Life Safety
- FDR High School for Performing Arts
- Fontbonne Academy High School
- Fort Hamilton High School
- Fort Hamilton High School - Vocal Music
- Fort Hamilton High School - Honors Academy
- George Westinghouse Career & Technical High School
- Heroes of Tomorrow High School
- High School Fashion Industries
- High School for Language & Diplomacy
- High School for Medical Professions
- It Takes a Village High School
- John Dewey High School – Pre Medicine
- Law Academy High School for Public Service
- Leon M. Goldstein High School for the Sciences
- Manhattan Early College Advertising
- Marta Valle Secondary School
- Midwood High School - Humanities
- Midwood High School - Medical Science Institute
- Millennium Brooklyn High School
- Notre Dame High School
- Pace High School
- Professional Performing Arts High School
- Rachel Carson High School for Coastal Studies
- Reperatory Company High School for Theatre Arts
- Saint Saviour High School
- Science Skills Center High School for Science, Technology and the Creative Arts
- Edmund's Preparatory High School
- Telecommunications High School
- Tottenville High School in Staten Island
- Urban Assembly School for Design & Construction
- Urban Assembly School for Law and Justice
- Victory Collegiate High School
- William E. Grady Career & technical Education High School
- Xaverian High School – Honors Program
- Xavier High School – Ignatius Scholar Program
HCCS closed for Memorial DayHellenic Classical Charter School
NYS SCIENCE - 8th GradeHellenic Classical Charter School
NYS SCIENCE - 4th GRADEHellenic Classical Charter School
7th Grade Ring DayHellenic Classical Charter School
NYS SCIENCE WRITTEN - 4th & 8thHellenic Classical Charter School
Visit us on Facebook
Like us on Facebook!https://www.facebook.com/HellenicClassicalCharterSchool/?fref=ts
Dear HCCS Families,
It is with great pleasure and excitement that I welcome you and your children back for a new school year. If you are new to our school, I would like to welcome you to the greatest school in the world!
I am proud to announce that for the second year in a row The New York State Education Department has identified our school as a “Reward School”. A Reward School is a school that has made the most progress and/or a school that has the highest achievement in the state without significant gaps in student achievement between subgroups. Congratulations to our entire amazing HCCS family for achieving this recognition!
In addition, over the summer HCCS was honored to receive The 2016 Community & Culture Building Brooklyn award presented by The Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce. The plaque is proudly displayed in our main lobby. Bravo HCCS!
I am also pleased to share that based on our recent standardized test score results we are in the top tier of all Pre- K to 8 charter schools in New York City. As you know, the city test results were released in July. For the fourth time, state tests were aligned to the more rigorous Common Core standards. Overall in English Language Arts we scored 10.5% higher than last year and in Mathematics we scored 1.5% higher than last year. These results were higher than the state, city, and district results in both ELA and Math. Since 2013 when the common core assessments began, HCCS has increased +24.5% in ELA and +24% in Math. Congratulations to our entire HCCS family. We are extremely proud of our children.
Our goal is to bring our students to the level of college and career ready. I encourage all our families to log on to the web site engageny.org. On this web site you will find a parent and family section that not only informs you of the new initiatives but also includes educational activities you can do with your children that are related to the Common Core Standards. You will also find guides to the standards, as well as videos and information on how to interpret the standards and the recent state test results and score reports.
We are planning a year filled with engaging standards-based work in our beautiful new school building. Many new initiatives will be announced in later weeks such as our recent notification that we are once again accepted into The Carnegie Hall Musical Explorers, The NYC Ballet Nutcracker Program, the middle school STEM initiative entitled, Urban Advantage, and many more. Our school calendar, including upcoming events and celebrations will posted on our school web site and emailed to you.
Thank you for your continued cooperation and thank you to all our parents – based on our recently released 2016 school environment survey, 98% of our parents were very satisfied/satisfied with the education their child received.
Please do not hesitate to call us should you ever have any questions. Together we will provide an extraordinary learning environment and education for our children.
HCCS PTA News
Like us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1415030405395382/
PTA Meetings 2016-2017
- Wednesday, June 7th at 5:30pm
HCCS held its lottery for the upcoming 2017-2018 school year on Tuesday, April 4th. Please contact the main office and ask for Joyce Liappas for more information.
HCCS School Closures
HCCS will be closed on Monday, May 29th in honor of Memorial Day.
HCCS will have a half day on Thursday, June 8th - 11:00am dismissal for Pre-K and 11:30am for Kindergarten - 8th grade
HCCS will be closed on Monday, June 26th in honor of Eid al-Fitr.
LAST DAY OF SCHOOL - Wednesday, June 28th - 11:00am dismissal for Pre-K and 11:30am for Kindergarten - 8th grade
HCCS State Testing Dates
HCCS will be administering the NYS Assessment in Science for students in grades 4 & 8 as follows:
8th grade performance assessment - Wednesday, May 31
4th grade performance assessment - Thursday, June 1
4th & 8th grade written assessment - Monday, June 5
HCCS School Board Meeting
HELLENIC CLASSICAL CHARTER SCHOOL
NOTICE OF SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
Monday, May 22, 2017
Open Meeting, 9:00 a.m.
646 5th Avenue
Brooklyn, N.Y. 11215
Location 2 (via Skype)
Queens College, Jefferson Hall
65-30 Kissena Blvd.
Flushing, N.Y. 11364
Please note, individuals who wish to have speaking time or to place an item on the agenda, must submit their request, in writing, no later than forty-eight (48) hours prior to the meeting, or Friday, May 19, 2017 at 9:00am. Requests should be submitted to the school office.
Materials that will be reviewed by the school board and subject to vote and/or adoption are available before the meeting in the school office.