HCCS is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon".
To shop at Amazon, simply click on the icon above. This link will automatically connect you to Amazon and allow you to shop as you normally would - there is nothing else you need to do. Just make sure you start every Amazon shopping session this way.
HELLENIC CLASSICAL CHARTER SCHOOL
SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
Tuesday, March 31, 2015
Open Meeting, 6:00 p.m.
28 West 44th Street
NY, NY 10036
PLEASE NOTE THAT INDIVIDUALS WHO WISH TO HAVE SPEAKING TIME, OR TO PLACE AN ITEM ON THE AGENDA, MUST SUBMIT THEIR REQUEST, IN WRITING, NO LATER THAN FORTY EIGHT (48) HOURS PRIOR TO THE MEETING, OR FRIDAY, MARCH 27, 2015, 5:00 P.M. REQUESTS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED TO THE SCHOOL OFFICE.
MATERIALS THAT WILL BE REVIEWED BY THE SCHOOL BOARD AND SUBJECT TO VOTE AND/OR ADOPTION ARE AVAILABLE BEFORE THE MEETING IN THE SCHOOL OFFICE.
HCCS will hold its lottery for the upcoming 2015-2016
school year on
Thursday, April 16th
HCCS will be closed for Spring Recess
Friday, April 3rd
through Friday, April 10th, 2015.
Students report back to school on
Monday, April 13th, 2015.
HCCS will administer the NYS Assessments as follows:
NYS ELA Assessment
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday,
April 14th, 15th & 16th
NYS Math Assessment
Wednesday, Thursday & Friday
April 22nd, 23rd & 24th
The New York State Education Department Board of Regents voted on January 12, 2015 to approve a full term charter renewal (4 ½ years) for
The Hellenic Classical Charter School.
This is a time of celebration for our students, family members, board members, faculty and our extended community.
HCCS is celebrating its 10th anniversary!
HCCS is one of the first charter schools approved to start a Universal Pre-Kindergarten Program.
We have partnered with Sports and Arts in School Foundation (SASF) for our middle school students.
We are close to completing a $8.3 million renovation project and a state of the art gymnasium!
HCCS ranks among the top 10 charter schools in New York City for exceeding targets in
Student achievement - School Environment - Student Progress
98% of parents are satisfied/very satisfied with Instructional Core *
99% of students feel safe in our school*
97% of parents are satisfied/very satisfied with Systems for Improvement *
98% of parents are satisfied/very satisfied School Culture *
100% of teachers would recommend HCCS to parents*
* NYC DOE school survey 2014
41 % met State standards on the NYS English Language Arts assessment*
*exceeding the city and state
59% met State standards on the NYS Mathematics assessment*
*exceeding the district, city, and state
100% of 4th graders met the NYS Science Assessment
75% of 8th graders met the NYS Science Assessment
100% of 8th graders in the Integrated Algebra Regents course passed
73% of 8th graders in the Earth Science course passed
100% of 8th graders in the Greek Regents course passed
96% Average daily attendance
· Hellenic Classical Charter School is a Schools That Can National network member
· Six year partnership with Teachers College Columbia University Reading & Writing Program
· 10 year partnership with the Greek government
· HCCS hosts study groups to NYC educators on Paideia Seminars Fall/Winter 2014
· Featured on The Today Show for our student government election process 10/12
· Featured in NYC Charter Center School Quality Report Analysis as receiving “exceeding target” 11/14
· Hellenic Classical Charter School 5th Grade kicks off The NBC Education Nation Summit 9/12
· Featured in The Daily News for making the largest reading gains in fourth grade 7/12
· All Eighth graders are provided with free SHSAT test preparation
· Proud member of The Junior National Honor Society
· Proud to participate in The Penny Harvest Student Community Service projects
· 100% HCCS teachers participate in peer reviews
· All students receive Greek Folk dancing lessons
· Student art work displayed at Christies & Studio in a School Art Exhibits
· Carnegie Kids; NYC Ballet Nutcracker Project; STEM Pilot programs; Author visits (‘14-‘15 school year)
· Students in elementary grades receive chess lessons (funded by our PTA)
· Students in middle school receive Latin instruction
HCCS is excited to announce that we have been awarded the middle school after school grant from The Sports and Arts Foundation: Sports and Arts. This new program will begin September 2014.
HCCS welcomed Dr. Ioannis Kazazis, Mrs. Stella Kokolis and Mr. George Melikokis. The guests toured the school and visited several classrooms. Dr. Kazazis presented Mrs. Tettonis and Mrs. Joy with Certificates of Recognition for their work in education, particularly with the
Ellinomatheia (Greek Proficiency) Exam.
For pictures of this event, please visit our photo gallery.
HCCS proudly announces "Handles" Franklin of the Harlem Globetrotters visited HCCS and speak to children in grades K-5 about anti-bullying strategies and techniques. He spoke about the ABSc of bullying: A - Action, B - Bravery and C - Compassion.
For more pictures, please visit the photo gallery.
FOX 5's Nick Gregory visited HCCS to help kick-off the 3rd grade weather segment.
For more pictures, please visit our photo gallery.
Welcome to the HCCS 2014-2015 school year!
Please read the welcome letter from Mrs. Tettonis.
Our 8th Grade Graduates and their High Schools
Specialized High Schools
- Stuyvesant High School
- Staten Island Technical High School
- Brooklyn Technical High School
- Laguardia High School
NYC High Schools
- Archbishop Molloy High School
- Academy for Health Careers
- Benjamin Banneker Academy – Medical Program
- Bishop Ford High School
- Bishop Kearney High School
- Bishop Loughlin High School
- Brooklyn College Academy
- Brooklyn School for Global Studies
- Brooklyn Preparatory High School
- Brooklyn High School for the Arts
- Catherine McAuley High School
- City Polytechnic High School for Engineering, Architecture & Technology
- Dr. Susan McKinney School of the Arts
- Fontbonne Academy High School
- Fort Hamilton High School Honors Program
- Fort Hamilton High School
- High School of Sports Management
- High School of Telecommunication Arts & Technology
- Leon M. Goldstein High School for the Sciences
- Midwood High School - Humanities
- Midwood High School - Medical Science Institute
- Notre Dame High School
- Pace High School
- Professional Perfoming Arts High School
- Reperatory Company High School for Theatre Arts
- Saint Saviour High School
- Science Skills Center High School for Science, Technology and the Createive Arts
- St. Edmunds Preparatory High School
- Victory Collegiate High School
- Xaverian High School – Honors Program
- Xaverian High School
- Xavier High School – Ignatius Scholar Program
- Xavier High School
Congratulations to our students and their families!
HCCS is a uniform school.
All students must adhere to our uniform policy.
To view our uniform policy,
please visit the parent section on the home page.
If you have any questions,
please contact the main office.
Please click here to self register for an account on our site so you can view private classroom information and sign up to receive email alerts.
Click here for an Introductory eChalk Guide for Students to help your child activate their new account.
Attached are instructions for how to find your child in the system and schedule email alerts.